Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil
Cleanse the skin with tea tree essential oil.
A few drops of Tea Tree pack a powerful punch, and the aroma is deep, refreshing, and decongesting. Also known as melaleuca as it is derived the Melaleuca tree, a species native to Australia, it is the active ingredient in many organic and natural household products.
Some people are sensitive to tea tree oil so use with caution the first time, and as it is so powerful it should be used very cautiously on open wounds to avoid stinging. Just a few drops of potent tea tree oil make a great cleanser, mouthwash, or household cleaner.
- Ingredients / Materials
- Green Info
Tea tree oil for the skin
Mix 1 part tea tree oil with 10 parts carrier oil like almond or coconut. This will give a cleaning and soothing skin treatment sometimes used to treat skin complaints and eczema. Five drops of tea tree with a couple of teaspoons of honey is said to make a great face mask to treat acne.
Tea tree oil household cleaner
Take half a cup of white vinegar, three cups water, and 10 drops tea tree oil. When mixed together this creates a useful multi-surface cleaner with anti-bacterial properties so you can zap those nasty bugs without using even nastier chemicals.
Tea tree mouthwash
½ cup of water- two teaspoons of baking soda, and two drops of tea tree oil will give a mouthwash just perfect for cleansing out bacteria, and killing off nasty yeast infections in the mouth. Always spit out the mouthwash as tea tree oil is not recommended for internal use.
With its powerful medicinal properties tea tree oil is a must have essential oil for any household.
Baths: Blend 5-8 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil, add to bath.
Massages: Add 2-3 drops of essential oils to 3 tablespoons of carrier oil.
Vaporisation: Add 2-4 drops of essential oils as well as a few tablespoons of water to your oil burner.
- Keep products away from delicate eye area
- Keep away from children.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Never use an undiluted essential oil directly on the skin. Always dilute in a suitable base product.
- If you are pregnant seek medical advice before using any essential oils.
- Name: Organic Tea Tree Oil - Organic Oil of Melaleuca alternifolia
Description: Pale yellowy-green liquid with a warm spicy- camphoraceous odour
Principal Constituents: Terpinen-4-ol, cineole, alpha-terpineol, pinene, alpha terpenene, cymene
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from the leaves and twigs Type Certified
Organic Origin: Southern Africa
Certified Organic by the Soil Association Licence No: DA22368.
Packaging: Recyclable Glass bottle, Recyclable Plastic Cap, Unlaminated compostable label, Printed with vegetable dye inks
- Formula: 100% organic. Vegan. Free from parabens, PEG, phthalates, perfumes and synthetic colours.
- Certification: Certified Organic by the Soil Association.
- Origin: Australia. Made in UK.
- Packaging: Recyclable Glass bottle, Recyclable Plastic Cap, Unlaminated compostable label, Printed with vegetable dye inks
- Shelf Life: Use by best before date.
- Animal Rights: Not tested on animals. Cruelty free.